Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great dish for summer cooking--it really impresses guests.
- 3 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, thick cut
TOMATO CORN SALSA
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut pork into 8 (3 inch thick)slices. Place meat, cut sides up, between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 2 inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
- Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients. Rub mixture evenly over pork; cover and chill 3 hours.
- Microwave bacon at HIGH 2 minutes or until bacon is partially cooked. Wrap sides of each pork slice with one bacon slice, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Light 1 side of grill, heating to medium-high heat(350-400); leave other side unlit.
- Arrange pork over lit side; grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side.
- Move pork to unlit side; grill,covered with grill lid, 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with tomato-corn salsa.
- Tomato Corn Salsa:.
- Brush corn evenly with oil. Grill covered with grill lid, over medium high heat(350-400)8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes or until done. Cut kernels from cobs;discard cobs.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, and next 5 ingredients, tossing to coat.