1/1 Photo of Bacon-Wrapped Pork Medallions With Electric Chimichurri Sauce
1 hr 36 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is an awesome recipe inspired by Cuisine at Home Magazine. This pungent combination of flavors in conjunction with the crispiness of the bacon wrapped pork medallions makes for one of my favorite summer meaIs. I typically double the recipe for the chimichurri sauce as I like to use one cup for the marinade, and serve one cup on the side with the meal. Prep time includes marinating time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chimichurri Sauce (Makes 1 cup of sauce)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt, to taste
Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1Note - I like to serve this dish with an extra cup of chimichurri sauce on the table (at room temperature). If you'd like to do this, double the recipe (two cups) for the chimichurri sauce as you'll discard the original cup after the pork marinates.
- 2Press garlic and chop fresh parsley, and add remaining ingredients for the chimichurri sauce to a food processor. Blend for a few seconds until parsley is finely chopped.
- 3Slice the pork tenderloin into 1.5 inch medallions.
- 4Using a large zip lock bag, add sliced pork medallions and chimichurri sauce. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- 5Remove pork medallions and discard marinade. Wrap each pork medallion with a slice of bacon.
- 6Begin to thread pork medallions onto skewers. Important - do not over-thread skewers (allow 1/4" in between each piece) allowing bacon to cook. Use as many skewers as necessary.
- 7Preheat grill to medium heat. Once heated, add skewers and cook for 4 minutes on all 4 sides for a total grilling time 16 minutes. Internal temperature should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Serve with the additional cup of chimichurri sauce in a small molcajete or ramekin.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Pork Medallions With Electric Chimichurri Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.6
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 727.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g