Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great and good for you! We love meatloaf, and this is a good recipe for it!!!
- 453.59 g ground lean pork
- 118.29 ml oatmeal
- 2.46 ml ground sage
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 59.14 ml green onion, minced
- 4 slice bacon
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sage, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Stir in applesauce, egg and green onion; mix well.
- Stir in ground pork until well blended.
- Form into a loaf.
- Wrap bacon strips around pork loaf; secure with a toothpick; bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until done.
Excellent, My family loved every bite! Will make again without a doubt!!
Very tasty! I started the recipe and realized I didn't have any more oats, so I used plain breadcrumbs and it was delicious. Thanks for another alternative to the usual meatloaf!