- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 4 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sage, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Stir in applesauce, egg and green onion; mix well.
- Stir in ground pork until well blended.
- Form into a loaf.
- Wrap bacon strips around pork loaf; secure with a toothpick; bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until done.