Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on the internet and put it here so I remember to try it. The photo looks delish!
- 3 -4 lbs pork loin
- one large purple onion
- one pound bacon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove excess fat from loin, and butterfly—slice lengthwise, but don’t cut all the way thru the loin.
- Place slices of purple onion inside, be generous, and close loin up.
- In a baking dish, place loin and wrap bacon around loin so each slice overlaps. Tuck the bacon underneath.
- On top of stove, melt butter, brown sugar, light or dark, dark is better, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and pour over loin.
- Bake in 350-degree oven approximately one hour.