Recipe by Charmie777
Absolutely delicious take on pork chops. The chops really benefit from the bacon, making them moist and flavorful. You can also do on the grill if you prefer.
Top Review by lauralie41
BBQ, bacon, and pork chops what more can be said! :) My DH was in heaven! He did grill the chops and I didnt have fresh rosemary so I added a sprinkle or two of dried to the bbq sauce. Made the six pork chops for two us so we could enjoy leftovers too. Charmie we will be making these again! Made and reviewed for the Culinary Quest .
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce
- 8 slice bacon
- 4 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On work surface layer slices of bacon side by side. Place each chop on 2 pieces of bacon (picture 2 slices of bacon as the upright part of an H, and the pork chop as the across section). Season with salt and pepper.
- Slather the chops with barbeque sauce. Flip the chops and slather the other side as well, until barbeque sauce is used up.
- Lay a sprig of rosemary on each chop (letting the ends hang over the edge, for easy removal before serving).
- Wrap bacon slices tightly around each chop.
- Prepare broiler pan (or any roasting pan with a rack), by spraying surface with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the meat should register about 150°F
- Turn oven to broil and broil on each side until bacon is crisp.
- Let chops rest for a few minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs before serving.
- If desired, serve with additional warmed barbeque sauce.
- Note: To cook on grill, cook over direct heat for about 5 minutes per side, then transfer to indirect heat and continue cooking until internal temperature is 150°F (about 30 minutes).