Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The applesauce helps keep these burgers moist and flavorful.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large tart green apple, cored and cut in thin wedges
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut in small wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl combine oats, sage, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stir in applesauce, egg and green onion and mix well.
- Stir in ground pork until well blended.
- Form into 4 patties about 3/4 to 1-inch thick.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each patty and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill or broil 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, cook and stir apples and onions in hot oil until tender.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Serve with patties.