Recipe by peachez
On those nights I'm too tired to cook I make these to snack on. Depending on the combination of seasonings, I either dip these in a sweet and sour sauce or sour cream laced with either creamy horseradish or salsa.
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained well
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and sliced to pineapple size
- 1 large onion, chunked to pineapple size
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, mixed with
- your favourite seasoning (black fresh pepper, cayenne, garlic, Italian or Ranch seasonings etc)
- Tabasco sauce, if you like it hot, when ready to broil (optional)
- metal skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon in half, fry till translucent, drain and set aside.
- Alternate on a metal skewer a piece of pineapple, pepper and onion, wrap a half strip of bacon around it and secure all with a toothpick, repeating till skewer is almost filled.
- Place in a lightly oiled baking dish (size depends on your broiler). Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar/ spice mixture. Sprinkle Tobasco Sauce on top, if using.
- Broil till bubbly and bacon is evenly cooked / browned, turning occasionally and seasoning each side ( 1/4 or 1/2 turn ) ( I drain each batch if bacon grease gets too high in dish ). Approx 5 - 8 minutes per batch. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Drain pieces on a paper towel covered rack.
- Remove from skewers, leaving the toothpicks in for easy dipping.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.