Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
can't remember where I got this. Made it for a Lost watch party.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined and raw
- 14 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 crosswise
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Place a chunk of pineapple in the curve of each shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp in a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in the hot oil and cook, about 3 minutes a side, until shrimp is opaque.
What a wonderful flavor sensation! I precooked the bacon so it would be done at the same time as the shrimp. After assembling the shrimp, pineapple and bacon, I sprinkled a bit of Old Bay over them. Because I was cooking so many, I popped them in the oven at 350 degrees until done. I served the shrimp with a spicy remoulade dipping sauce.