Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this on Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals. They are quick and tasty! Great for an appetizer or for a snack while watching your favorite sports team.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 large raw shrimp, deveined
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, cut into bite sized chunks drained or 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cut in 1/2 crosswise
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Holding a shrimp, nest a chunk of pineapple in the natural curve of the shrimp then wrap bacon around the shrimp and pineapple.
- Place with bacon seam side down in heated oil, or you can secure with a wooden toothpick if you like.
- Continue with remaining shrimp, bacon, and pineapple. Cook each for 3 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and shrimp are opaque and firm.
Good, but could use seasoning & Definitely grilled is how I recommend... I did the skillet, and it was too hard to get the bacon to get crispy, without over cooking shrimp. Family liked it a lot, will do again with a few adjustments.
I did this a little different...I pre-cooked the bacon a little and then cooked them on the grill. I'm sure it would be good and less trouble cooking it in the skillet, but it was fabulous on the grill! Made for your win in Football Tag.
Great Delicious dish enjoyed today.. Definately a great little midday meal. Made for your win in Football Pool.