Recipe by Satisfied Kris
This is a different, outstanding appetizer. They always disappear fast when served. Original recipe is from the Sharp Carousel Recipe Book which came with my first microwave. I've made them in other carousel microwaves also. The time to cook is actually 5 - 9 minutes depending on your microwave's power. Just watch them cook the first time for the light browning and you'll do fine. Prep/Cook time does not include marinating time. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by nkoprince08
These were great and way easy to make!! We used fresh pineapple so we didn't have a whole lot of pineapple juice so we added 1 T. lime juice along with the juices we were able to get from the pineapple. Awesome recipe!!
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, each cut into thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 3 tablespoons juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder in small bowl.
- Marinade the pineapple chunks in this for 1- 2 hours.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Line microwave carousel with several layers of paper towel.
- Arrange around the outer edge of carousel with space between each one.
- Microwave at 100% power until bacon is lightly browned (5 to 9 minutes).