These are so easy to pop in the microwave and have a basket full for appetizers, TV snacks, or card clubs. The amounts are estimates depending on the size and number of commercial breadsticks you have available. Wrap bacon barber-pole style around the breadsticks. Cleanup is easy, because all the drippings will be absorbed into the paper towels. Serve at room temperature. Make plenty -- they are highly addictive!
- Slice bacon stips in half, lengthwise.
- Dredge in grated Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap bacon, in spirals, around the breadsticks.
- Place on microwave safe paper towel on microwave safe tray, so that breadsticks are not touching (usually 6-8 ).
- Cover with 2 layers of paper towels.
- Microwave on HIGH for approximately 5 minutes.
- If not done, cook in 1 minute intervals until done.
I'm not going to rate these as they just didn't work for me, for starters the parmesan wouldn't stick to the bacon, the bacon wouldn't stick to the breadsticks and 5 minutes was way too long, mine were burnt after 3 minutes..I love the sound of these but they just didn't come together for me..sorry!
What an easy and delicious appetizer for our New Years Eve. Made for Aus/NZ swap.
Such a simple idea,and so easy to make-I thought these were great!
I used roasted red onion breadsticks-and the results were fantastic!
Really yummy dipped into a soft boiled egg too..a great twist on eggs and bacon!!
Thanks so much for sharing...made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap#41.