Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food on a stick is great! This is our latest version for the summer BBQ.
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Mushroom Kabobs / Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb whole mushroom (button)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 8 ounces barbecue sauce (or homemade, but we like Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty for this)
- Soak bamboo skewers 30 minutes.
- Cut bacon strips in half--they'll be just long enough to wrap around the mushroom one time.
- Wrap each mushroom with a bacon strip and thread on skewer.
- Grill on medium heat till bacon is done, basting with barbecue sauce.
- This usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
These were pretty good. I liked the idea of them, but couldn't get the bacon to crisp up as much as I would like.
These were insanely wonderful! I used thin cut bacon and it crisped up nicely.
These were quite a hit for my superbowl party. I did not make them kebabs, I just wrapped the mushroom and pinned it with a toothpick. Then I cooked them under the broiler. I should have left them in a little bit longer, but they were still delicious. They probably would have worked better with the thin/regular cut bacon instead of the thick cut that I had, but I will definitely make these again.