Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food on a stick is great! This is our latest version for the summer BBQ.
- 1 lb whole mushroom (button)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 8 ounces barbecue sauce (or homemade, but we like Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty for this)
- Soak bamboo skewers 30 minutes.
- Cut bacon strips in half--they'll be just long enough to wrap around the mushroom one time.
- Wrap each mushroom with a bacon strip and thread on skewer.
- Grill on medium heat till bacon is done, basting with barbecue sauce.
- This usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
These were insanely wonderful! I used thin cut bacon and it crisped up nicely.
So easy my father could do it! :) And so darn yummy, too! I loaded up the skewers for him, using some cremini mushrooms and some nice thin bacon. And then he cooked them alongside the burgers and hot dogs he was grilling for Mother's Day. From now on, this goes on every grilling menu I make!
Hello there Kaarin, these were out of this world! We ate them and made them and made them and ate them! How fantastic! We used a barbecue sauce that we make here at the "home" and with the mushrooms wrapped in bacon, well I was just in "hog" heaven. Thank you for sharing such an excellent recipe, Diane :)