Recipe by Tracy H.
This is as gourmet as meatloaf gets. The sweet/sour glaze and bacon set this one apart. The left overs make great sandwiches too. Worth the extra effort.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 8 -12 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For glaze, mix ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar together, set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Mix onions and garlic with the rest of the meatloaf ingredients.
- You may find it helpful to use your hands.
- Shape into loaf, put onto a foil lined pan.
- Brush half of the glaze over the loaf.
- Wrap bacon around loaf, tucking ends under.
- Bake approximately 1 hour, bacon should crisp up.
- Cool 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with extra glaze.