Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super Sweet and Delicious
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 4 whole eggs, Beaten
- 10 slices thick slab bacon or 10 slices regular bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!).
- Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
- Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!
Yummers! I don't usually care for meatloaf with a ketchup based sauce but decided to give this one a try. My grandson raved about it.. It was easy to throw together and had a great texture and taste. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2014.