1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A delicious indulgence for meat lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 13 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups herb stuffing mix (homemade works too)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot (finely diced or shredded)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper, to your taste
- 4 -5 slices bacon (high-quality black pepper crusted is my favorite)
- 1Mix together the beef, tomatoes, stuffing onion, carrot, garlic, basil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 2Knead with hands until well mixed.
- 3Place bacon strips horizontally in a loaf pan.
- 4The ends of the bacon should hang over the sides.
- 5Put the meat mixture in the pan, shaping it like a loaf, then fold over the ends of the bacon.
- 6Turn the loaf pan upside down over a roasting pan.
- 7The meat loaf should slide out easily, with bacon strips intact.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- 9Baste with the bacon drippings from time to time.
- 10Increase heat to 450°F and bake an additional 15 minutes, until loaf is firm.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 183.9 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb stuffing mix