Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is a collaborative effort between me and my college roommate, Shandi. I made the marinade, she came up with the rest. I always use maker's mark bourbon in the marinade. also, using a high quality maple syrup makes all the difference. and for something extra use applewood smoked bacon!
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine apple cider, bourbon and maple syrup.
- Rub meat with salt and pepper.
- Marinade in cider mixture from one hour to overnight.
- put loin in a roasting pan. in the top, cut five slits. insert a garlic clove into each slit.
- wrap with bacon.
- cook at 350 for 2 hours.