Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an adopted recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, Dry
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Sm
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 6 slices bacon, Cut In half
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon, together.
- Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf, tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place the loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- For OAMC flash freeze on a cookie sheet until firm. Transfer to freezer bag, label and freeze. To serve: place on baking pan and reheat in oven or microwave until warmed through.
These are easy to make and fail proof! I've added this receipe to my once a week list and my family loves it! For variety, I vary the type of cheese I use in the loaves. Thanks for the great receipes!
oops, I forgot to rate. Five stars of course.
We really liked these. I started by cutting the recipe in half, then made the following changes: 1 pound of meat, 1 egg, left out the water, used red pepper instead of green. I baked them for 40 minutes, then let them sit, covered for another 10, and they were just perfect. Really moist and tender. I chopped up the veggies really fine, which I think helped distribute the flavor and moisture through the loaf. This is a definite make-again, and will likely also make it onto my OAMC rotation. Thanks for posting.