katie in the UP's Note:
Found this recipe in April/2008 EveryDay with Rachael Ray Magazine. Posting for safe keeping! I've always got left over cornbread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med heat turning often, until half cooked approx 3 minutes.
- 2Transfer to a paper towel lined dish.
- 3Add the onion, celery and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the shrimp and cook approx 2 minutes until shrimp is opaque.
- 5Stir in the cornbread; season with salt and pepper.
- 6Cut a 2 inch wide slit through the center of each chicken breast, beginning from the thicker side and cutting horizontally toward the center to make a pocket.
- 7Fill each with one quarter of the stuffing; press the opening to seal.
- 8Place 2 strips of bacon on a work surface.
- 9Lay chicken breast crosswise on the strips and wrap the bacon around the breast; secure with toothpicks.
- 10Wipe out the skillet and heat over med heat.
- 11Add the wrapped chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- 12Turn the chicken, cover the pan with a lid and cook, turning once or twice, until th bacon is crisp and the chicken is cooked through -- approx 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Jambalaya Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.7
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 507.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: