Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in April/2008 EveryDay with Rachael Ray Magazine. Posting for safe keeping! I've always got left over cornbread!
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med heat turning often, until half cooked approx 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined dish.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook approx 2 minutes until shrimp is opaque.
- Stir in the cornbread; season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a 2 inch wide slit through the center of each chicken breast, beginning from the thicker side and cutting horizontally toward the center to make a pocket.
- Fill each with one quarter of the stuffing; press the opening to seal.
- Place 2 strips of bacon on a work surface.
- Lay chicken breast crosswise on the strips and wrap the bacon around the breast; secure with toothpicks.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat over med heat.
- Add the wrapped chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, cover the pan with a lid and cook, turning once or twice, until th bacon is crisp and the chicken is cooked through -- approx 5 minutes.