Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can you stand the heat? If so try my most requested starter. They have been a hit everytime I make them. Simple recipe for major taste. I have never had one "left over". They are best when grilled, but you can cook them in the oven. I prefer charcoal, as to harness maximum flavor. Enjoy! Tip: Rub the wooden kabob sticks with raw bacon to make the poppers slide on. You can make these somewhat mild and super hot, what ever you like.
- fresh jalapeno pepper, 12-24
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- equal amount of bacon strips per bell pepper (raw)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Core the peppers using the blunt edge of a potato peeler, save half the seeds removed, toss the core.
- In a bowl add cream cheese, chili powder, hot sauce (you pick the heat) and liquid smoke and half the jalapeno seeds.
- Mix/Mash together until blended.
- Stuff the cored peppers with cream cheese mix then wrap with raw bacon. Use your fingers!
- Kabob them, repeat untill all the peppers are stuffed and wrapped.
- Grill on an indirect heat, (on tin foil) for about 15 minutes.
- Then on an open flame for 5-8 mins to crisp the bacon, turning a few times.
- Serve and enjoy!