Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are UNBELIEVABLY good! You'll love them!
- 25 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 14 -16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packages bacon
- Cut stems off of peppers and cut them all in half longways.
- Remove seeds from peppers.
- Fill each pepper with cream cheese and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each pepper half.
- Place on baking sheets and place in 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Remove and serve when cooled.
- I always freeze them after they are made for about 20 minutes to a hour before putting them in the oven or on the grill . Doing this will keep the cheese from melting out as much .
Like you need another 5 star rating.... hahaha! Suffice it to say, everyone has been correct on this recipe. DEFINITELY set aside more time for prep on this one; 30 min. does not cut it. DO follow other reviewers directions; for instance: DO pre-cook the bacon halfway, as it will not crisp properly in the allotted cooking time otherwise. DO add chives or green onions to the cream cheese; it makes a difference! DO mix the cream cheese and cheddar, as the cheddar will melt out otherwise and be gone. DO leave ribs/seeds in if you want any heat at all, as these were so mild my "can't take the heat" daddy scarfed up several with no problems whatsoever. DO cook on a rack as they will be swimming in bacon/cheese grease otherwise. Grilling sounds like a great idea; will try that next time.... possibly freezing little torpedoes of cream/cheddar cheese to stuff jalapenos with as it would most likely melt out otherwise. THESE ARE SOOOO WORTH IT!!!
I've made this lots of times here's the best and fastest way. Cut the jalapenos long ways in half, save the seeds if you like spicey. Put the Jalapenos in the oven and cook til slightly browned. Meanwhile take a package of cooked bacon, crumble and put in skillet with the jalapeno seeds.Cook til the bacon makes its own grease, remove from heat to cool slightly. Take out the jalapenos from oven to cool. Mix cream cheese with bacon and seeds. Put cream mixture in jalapenos, use the fine shredded cheddar cheese to put over mixture, press slightly. Back in oven til cheese melts. enjoy!!!
I'm a wuss when it comes to anything even slightly spicey, but these were fantastic!!! They were very mild and almost sweet. The bacon is what made the dish. I brought these to a potluck and they were a huge hit with everyone.
After reading other reviews this is what I did. I partially pre-cooked the bacon in the oven. I added about 3 chopped green onions. And, I softened the cream cheese and mixed in the cheddar. It worked out very well. I baked them on a cookie sheet with foil (no rack like others have said) and they turned out great. One big suggestion...make sure you wear gloves when seeding the peppers! I made the mistake of scooping then out by hand and it was a BIG MISTAKE!!! My hands were on fire for hours. Overall, fantastic recipe.