Recipe by ckcarruth
We got this recipe from our family in Texas. It is a much desired recipe for our family gatherings. Spicy and delicious...Here comes the heartburn :)
Top Review by Little Panda
These are so tasty! I made mine by cutting the Jalepenos into 1 inch squares and used a half slice of bacon with each. I also found that mixing Ricotta and Cream Cheese worked really well. I added a tiny bit of Garlic Powder to my cheese mixture. A sensation! My better half ate 12 of them before I had even got them off the baking sheet. Fabulous recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the stem of each jalapeno and de-seed it carefully, using caution not to tear the pepper.
- It is easiest to de-seed it with a potato peeler.
- To make them cooler you can set them in ice water over night.
- Carefully fill each pepper with cream cheese.
- Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon making sure to cover the cream cheese end.
- Close the end of bacon with a toothpick inserting it all the way through the pepper.
- Fry in a electric skillet until bacon is done.