Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe by Cocktails 2008.
Make and share this Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs With Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slice bacon
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 59.14 ml sour cream, plus
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml spicy salsa, plus
- 29.58 ml spicy salsa
- Pat the hot dogs and bacon dry with paper towels. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon in a spiral; secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the hot dogs and cook over moderate heat, turning, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to paper towels to drain. Discard the toothpicks.
- Tuck the hot dogs in the buns. Top with the sliced avocado, sour cream and salsa and serve.
Yum, these are gooooood. We just had these tonight and the avocado and salsa really make these good. Thank you for sharing.
These turned out really yummy. Kind of a Mexican twist on hotdogs, loved the avocado, thanks! Made for Spring PAC 2009.