Recipe by Nif
What a delicious meal with a great combination of salmon and bacon! A terrific and easy dish to make you look like you slaved over the stove all day. The sauce is wonderful - take advantage of it by serving the salmon and sauce on a bed of rice noodles. Enjoy!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 8 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Wash salmon under cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Wrap each filet with 2 strips of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine hoisin sauce, maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, garlic, and ginger together in a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium to warm, stirring occasionally.
- Place salmon on broiler pan and cover with half the prepared sauce (it doesn't have to be warm yet). Place in preheated oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Place salmon on rice or noodles (or rice noodles!) and pour remaining sauce over top.