Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have no words to describe this... Just try it for your husband and he will think you are the coolest thing since sliced bread... Or bacon. Feel free to add cheese and spinach and whatever else in between the bacon and meatloaf layers.
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 85.04 g packet onion soup mix
- 59.16 ml steak sauce (like A1)
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 177.44 ml oatmeal
- 2.46 ml basil
- 1 loaf French bread, loaf (on the thinner side)
- 2 link smoked sausage
- 20 bacon, strips
- Cut your French bread loaf in half (depending on its size of course -- You want it to be about 6 inches long). Hollow out about half of the middle, as far as you can (see my picture -- You want it to have a layer of bread still all the way around so don't overdo it). Stuff the smoked sausage into it, trimming it to be even with the bread. Repeat with second half of bread.
- Mix ground beef thru basil. Take half and flatten into a square onto a cookie sheet. Put the bread/sausage on top and wrap the meatloaf mixture around it completely.
- On a plate or cutting board take 10 strips of bacon and weave them together. Wrap them around the meatloaf -- sometimes they won't reach all the way and that's fine, just keep the pretty woven part on top and hide the ends on the bottom. Repeat with other 10 strips and loaf.
- Cook on cookie sheet at 375 for 45 minutes (or till done).