Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sitting on the patio, sipping a drink, is where this recipe came from. Nothing taken out and no idea what to make for dinner. My husband and I came up with this. He asked me to submit this recipe and he also thinks he deserves all the credit. Tell us what you think.
- Slice a pocket in each weiner and set aside.
- Precook bacon in micro wave for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice dill pickle into paper thin slices.
- Divide havarti slices into 8 equal pieces.
- In each weiner stuff dill pickle slice and 1 havarti slice.
- Wrap bacon slice around weiner and secure with toothpickes.
- Place stuffed weiners on foil covered backing sheet.
- Place baking sheet until broiler and watch carefully. As each side cooks to your liking rotate until finished.
- Just before removing from oven place each remaining piece of havarti cheese on each weiner and place under broiler until melted.
- Remove weiners from broiler and place the hot dog buns in until toasted.
- Serve weiners with mustard and sliced raw onions.