Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love the zippy flavor using jalapenos and cilantro to grilled whitefish. I use a fish rack with handle on the grill, some may want to use a drip pan, others might want to place fish on a greased piece of foil and others may want to plop these right on the grill rack....whatever! I have also broiled these, but there's nothing like the flavor of things when grilled! I serve this with a Mango Salsa Ole, Mango Salsa Ole' on the side and a lettuce salad using a ginger-flavored vinagarette.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced thin with green tops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) halibut steaks (6-8 oz. ea.)
- 8 slices bacon
- In ziplock bag combine lime juice, green onions, oil, cilantro,jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Add haliut steaks, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Remove halibut when marinated, discarding marinade.
- Wrap two slices of bacon over top and sides of each steak and secure with soaked wooden toothpicks.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on grill racks before heating. Place halibut, bacon side down, on grill rack with drip pan underneath rack to catch any bacon drippings.
- Grill covered over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Discard toothpicks, serve and enjoy!
- NOTE: If wanted, you may serve on the side Mango Salsa Ole, Recipe #235769.
I havent tried this yet - but it sounds fantastic. I added stars because I didnt want to skew your ratings! I'll be back after I try it this weekend ;-)