1/7 Photos of Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob
The ultimate decadent corn on the cob;. based on a recipe from Paula Deen, of course. :) The flavor the bacon gives the corn is outstanding! Prep time includes soaking.
My Private Note
- 1Carefully expose the corn kernels by pulling back the husk, but do NOT remove the husk.
- 2Remove the corn silk (you can use a soft brush to ensure that all the silk is removed).
- 3Put water in a large container, add the corn, and soak the corn in the husks for 30 minutes. This will help to prevent the husks from charring on the grill.
- 4Preheat grill to medium temperature.
- 5Remove the soaked corn from the water and pat dry.
- 6Wrap strips of bacon around the corn kernels on each ear; fold the husks back over the bacon and kernels.
- 7Tie the husks down with butcher string; repeat with all ears of corn.
- 8Grill over medium coals/heat, turning occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes and until the bacon is cooked and the corn is tender.
- 9Cut the butcher string away from the husks and serve.
- 10Note #1: You can make these earlier in the day if you store them in a container in the refrigerator wrapped in moistened towels.
- 11Note #2: I've done them ahead of time for camping, frozen them, and put them in the cooler frozen to help keep things cold in there. Take them out for cooking when thawed (or to thaw them). Put them in the coals for reheating. Wonderful! Also good with a little seasoned salt sprinkled on before wrapping - either Lowry's, Johnny's, or for a change of pace either Southwest Seasoning (http://www.recipezaar.com/253112) or Curry Powder (http://www.recipezaar.com/104344).
- 12Note #3: I've also found that I like to pre-cook the bacon a little so that it's partially cooked, drizzle the small amount of fat mixed with a bit of oil or butter over the cobs, wrap the bacon around, then proceed with the other steps. Otherwise the bacon doesn't cook completely on the cob and is generally tossed away uneaten.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 473.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g