Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A bundle of asparagus is drizzled with garlic steeped olive oil, wrapped in bacon and roasted. The flavor of this is outstanding.
- Saute garlic and parsley over low heat, then set aside to steep.
- Remove ends from asparagus that are tough.
- Lay 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each strip of bacon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle garlic oil over each bundle.
- Wrap bacon around the stalks and secure with a toothpick.
- Place asparagus bundles on baking sheet and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bacon is crisp.
We loved this! I did add a scant teaspoon of dijon mustard to the olive oil/garlic blend, coating the spears before I wrapped them. I used hickory smoked bacon that was on the thick side so I baked for 30 minutes, flipping the bundles after 15 minutes. The perfect side for our Christmas Eve Dinner!
These are delicious, great for garlic lovers like me, and make a really nice presentation. The only issue I had was my own fault - I used thick cut bacon, and the bacon wasn't done enough when the asparagus was done. Next time I'll either pre-cook the bacon just a little bit, or I'll use thin cut bacon. Otherwise I made as directed, didn't need to use toothpicks though, just wrapped the bacon around the bundles. Made this for a different Thanksgiving side and it went over really well.
These are so yummy. I had smaller Asparagus so I cooked the bacon for about 10 minutes first (I used turkey bacon and regular bacon) then I cooked olive oil and garlic in a pan and poured it all in a zip lock bag and tossed together. I wrapped the bacon around 4 pieces of the Asparagus and cooked for 10 minutes it was perfect! Everyone loved it and it had suck a nice presentation.