Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend I made while distributing donations in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy has a fig tree & keeps bringing me figs! This is what I did with this morning's delivery...
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a pan with sides with foil.
- Rinse, dry & trim stems off figs. Wrap in bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Once in baking pan, sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking every 5 minutes towards the end. You want the bacon to crisp, not burned.
- They will be soft & juicy. The juice will be HOT so let them sit a few minutes before eating!