1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I got the idea for this recipe from the book '365, Dish a day' but adapted it. I have always loved duck and I think it goes great with the veg and bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 whole duck
- 8 slices middle smoked bacon
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley (optional)
- 350 g young spring vegetables (carrots, courgettes, sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorn)
- 2 bulbs of garlic, cut in half (optional)
- 5 shallots, peeled
- 8 new baby potatoes
- 100 ml boiling chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 75 ml dry white wine
- 50 g fromage frais
- 1wrap the duck with the bacon and place on a baking tray, cover with foil. Then put in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes at 180.C.
- 2While that is cooking, spread the vegetables, garlic and shallots out in a shallow oven proof dish and set aside.
- 3Make the sauce - Blend the cornflour with the wine and whisk with the fromage frais in a saucepan. add any juices from the duck and vegetables into the sauce and whisk until boiling.
- 4When the duck has 25 minutes left to cook, pour the stock over the veg and place in the oven with the duck. Remove foil from over the duck.
- 5Start cooking your new potatoes as instructed on the packet (simmer for aprox. 20 mins).
- 6After the 1 hour 30 minutes is up, test if your duck is ready by skewering the bird and looking at the juices that run out, if they are clear, it is ready.
- 7When cooked, lift the duck onto the roasted veg, place the potatoes next to the duck and garnish with parsley. Pour the sauce over the duck.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Duck on Roast Veg.
Serving Size: 1 (1198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2011.7
- Calories from Fat 1255
- Total Fat 139.4 g
- Saturated Fat 46.6 g
- Cholesterol 277.6 mg
- Sodium 1128.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 62.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: