Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Unbelievably tasty appetizer
- Cut bacon in half crosswise.
- Cook bacon in a skillet to get most of fat out (do not let brown), then drain on paper towel.
- Cut cheese in small rectangles to slide into dates.
- Slide cheese into open end of pitted dates.
- Wrap cheese filled date in 1/2 piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook at 400 for 15 minutes until bacon is crisp.
This takes a little bit of messy prep work but believe me it is worth it. This is such a fabulous combination of textures and flavours. I will make it often!