1/1 Photo of Bacon Wrapped Dates With Almonds
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...THESE ARE WONDERFUL. They are always the very first thing to go at a party. When I catered I always told my customers to order 2-3 times more of these than anything else. Most people expect scallops but are pleasantly surprised by the sweet wonderful flavor inside. A combination of sweet, crunchy, salty and smoky is a real winner! You won't be sorry you went out on a limb to try these. You can prep ahead of time, freeze and then pull them out of the freezer and bake right before the party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stuff each date with one almond.
- 2Cut bacon into half or thirds.
- 3Wrap bacon around date and secure with a round toothpick.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Place dates on a foil lined (they are messy and this makes them much easier to clean up) baking pan and cook until bacon is crispy (around 15 minutes).
- 6Drain on paper towel and serve warm or room temperature.
- 7Watch them disappear!
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Wrapped Dates With Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 629.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g