Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...THESE ARE WONDERFUL. They are always the very first thing to go at a party. When I catered I always told my customers to order 2-3 times more of these than anything else. Most people expect scallops but are pleasantly surprised by the sweet wonderful flavor inside. A combination of sweet, crunchy, salty and smoky is a real winner! You won't be sorry you went out on a limb to try these. You can prep ahead of time, freeze and then pull them out of the freezer and bake right before the party.
- Stuff each date with one almond.
- Cut bacon into half or thirds.
- Wrap bacon around date and secure with a round toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place dates on a foil lined (they are messy and this makes them much easier to clean up) baking pan and cook until bacon is crispy (around 15 minutes).
- Drain on paper towel and serve warm or room temperature.
- Watch them disappear!