Recipe by Bergy
Lovely combination of Banana, Bacon & Chutney. My chutney is very close to a mango chutney even though it is made with apples.
- 2 bananas, peeled,cut crosswise the width of a bacon strip
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 -10 slices fairly narrow bacon, cut in half cross wise, uncooked
- 1 cup mango chutney or 1 cup bergie colonel grey chutney (Bergie's Colonel Grey's Chutney)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F Roll the banana pieces in the lemon juice and wrap with a piece of bacon around the outside edge and secure with a toothpick Place on a baking sheet lined with foil (preferably with non stick foil).
- Bake until the bacon is almost cooked apprx 20 minutes While they are baking process the chutney in a blender until it is quite fine- use pulse.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chutney, coat evenly, return to oven until crisp 5-10 minutes Allow to cool for a minute or two- they are very hot& serve.