Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good and simple dish.
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Chicken With Sour Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- In a bowl, mix cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Set aside.
- Wrap 1 raw chicken breast with 2 pieces of raw bacon. Continue to do this 3 more times and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour soup and sour cream mixture on top of bacon-wrapped chicken, making sure all the chicken is covered. Bake uncovered at 400ºF for 1 hour.
- Serve with baked or mashed potatoes. Use leftover cream sauce over potatoes.
I made something similar to this for supper tonight before I found this recipe. I baked 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. For the sauce, I mixed 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can sour cream (I spooned sour cream into the can for measuring), salt, pepper, paprika, lemon & herb seasoning, and chives. I warmed the sauce on the stove and spooned some on top of the chicken when I fixed the plates. Served with mashed potatoes, corn, and carrots sweetened with molasses, it was a big hit. I wish I had thought about the bacon. But I will definitely use bacon next time. I'm thinking this sauce will also work well for chicken breasts stuffed with ham and swiss cheese.
Made as written. Found sour cream taste over powered the dish. Just personal taste. Sorrry!
This was really good and I loved how easy it was! I took some of the other reviewers info and changed the cooking just a little. I used b/s chicken thighs (that's what I had) and wrapped the bacon around and then sauteed a little before putting them in the oven with the cream sauce. I should have sauteed a little more but was afraid of over cooking the chicken. Was still very good served with mashed poatoes. Made for Football Pool win Wildcard week.