Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of the few dishes I make that uses canned soup. When I left school I worked as an au-pair in Norway for a year and the family I lived with used to cook this. It's easy, but really yummy.
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 4 -8 slices unsmoked bacon
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken soup also works)
- 3⁄4 cup cheese, your favourite variety
- Wrap the chicken breast fillets with 1-2 bacon rashers each.
- Heat a little oile in a non stick frying pan, and quickly fry the chicken for a couple of minutes each side, just so the bacon starts to brown a little.
- Place in an oven proof dish, that just holds them lying next to eachother (not too big).
- In a bowl mix the soup with the mushrooms and pour over the chicken, so it's nearly covered.
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the cheese over the chicken breasts, replace lid and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
This was very well received. I used chicken soup and added thyme, poultry seasoning and 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream. The bacon gave a nice smoky flavour to the sauce. I will make this again. Thank you.
We served over egg noodles. Bacon flavor overwhelmed the chicken might be better without bacon. Added salt and pepper.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good.I loved the sauce with the fresh muchrooms.Thanks for sharing!!!