Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These would probably be equally good with other fresh herbs.
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders recipe from Food.com.
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 8 chicken tenders or 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken tenders
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (thin type slices or thin bacon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Season tenders with salt and pepper. Place a sage leaf on each chicken tender, then wrap each with a bacon slice.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add tenders, sage side down, and cook until fat is rendered and bacon is browned, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until tenders are cooked through, 6 minutes. With tongs, transfer to a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet to drain.
Was gong to cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us, but then checked with a house-bound neighbor couple & they were happy to take half of the recipe off my hands! Totally agreement ~ These were wonderfully delicious & since we love chicken breasts, I'll be keeping this easy-to-prepare recipe on hand! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I made this for supper last night. I omitted the sage and used *another* Cajun Seasoning instead. I cooked them for the first six minutes on a grill pan to remove most of the bacon grease and transferred them to a frying pan to finish cooking. I made chicken gravy out of the drippings and some chicken bouillon. It was awesome! My only complaint is that the bacon on the sides of the chicken tenders did not crisp. So, next time, I will cook them some on the sides too. If the bacon on the sides had crisped, this definitely would have been a 5-star! Thank you!