Recipe by sandersmommy3
Cheesey chicken wrapped in your favorite bacon. Goes great with a side of corn and Cheese-Garlic Biscuits!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Great, and flavorful dinner. I left out the green pepper, used 4 chicken breast, cut them in half, and 8 slices of bacon. The seasoning was nice too. made for good use of the Foreman grill I have. All in all a nice dinner tonight. Made for Best of 2012.
- chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded monterey cheddar cheese
- tony cachere's cajun seasoning (or a Cajun Seasoning of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Foreman Grill (you may pan-fry also).
- Sprinkle Cajun Seasoning generously on both sides of chicken.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken tender.
- Grill on the Foreman for 4 minutes (or pan fry 4 minutes each side).
- In a separate pan, saute your onion and bell pepper in the 2 T butter.
- Place chicken on top of sauteed vegetables.
- Cover and cook on med/lo for 20 minutes.
- Uncover (careful to watch for steam) and smother with the cheese.
- Cover and cook 10 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions.