Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cheesey chicken wrapped in your favorite bacon. Goes great with a side of corn and Cheese-Garlic Biscuits!
- chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded monterey cheddar cheese
- tony cachere's cajun seasoning (or a Cajun Seasoning of your choice)
- Heat Foreman Grill (you may pan-fry also).
- Sprinkle Cajun Seasoning generously on both sides of chicken.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken tender.
- Grill on the Foreman for 4 minutes (or pan fry 4 minutes each side).
- In a separate pan, saute your onion and bell pepper in the 2 T butter.
- Place chicken on top of sauteed vegetables.
- Cover and cook on med/lo for 20 minutes.
- Uncover (careful to watch for steam) and smother with the cheese.
- Cover and cook 10 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
Great, and flavorful dinner. I left out the green pepper, used 4 chicken breast, cut them in half, and 8 slices of bacon. The seasoning was nice too. made for good use of the Foreman grill I have. All in all a nice dinner tonight. Made for Best of 2012.
Another exciting recipe I found on food.com. I can picture it now. When I die, they'll have to pry the internet from my cold dead hands.
Very good! A tip for other recipe users, though; we got the soul seasoning that has salt as the first ingredient (cheapo dollar store kind) and it was pretty salty. It was still really good, though, and I'm sure it will be better next time. We just used regular cheddar, too!