Recipe by Felix4067
I got this from a friend, who won a contest with it on the site I moderate. I've adapted it slightly to match our tastes, but the basic recipe is still hers. Not something you can eat all the time or your cholesterol will go through the roof, but they're really, really tasty.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (at least 6oz each)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (or cayenne pepper or cumin or chili pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 (F).
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper
- Spread cream cheese on chicken.
- Sprinkle chives over cream cheese.
- Roll up to enclose filling.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Wrap with bacon (two slices on each roll).
- Place rolls seam side down in a baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Mix melted butter and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil rolls for 3 minutes on each side to crisp bacon.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over rolls.
- Top with paprika (or spice of your choice).