Recipe by Tish
This is another great way to make something great ahead of time to thaw as needed or eat right now with little effort!
Top Review by karenury
When I do my bacon wrapped chicken, I put it over a sauce made from one small jar dried chipped beef, finely diced, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, one 16 ounce container of sour cream, salt and pepper. Put the sauce into the bottom of a sprayed 9X13 dish and lay the bacon wrapped chicken on top. I cook it in a 300 degree oven for about 2 hours ( or until internal chicken temp. reaches 170) The sauce cooks into the meat making it succulent and sooo flavorful. Served over rice, this dish is a family FAVORITE.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons chive & onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/2" thickness.
- Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese over each chicken piece.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up.
- Wrap each with a bacon strip.
- Place, seam side down, in a greased pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- If you are making these ahead for future use, freeze these uncooked on a cookie sheet in your freezer. When solid, wrap and put in a ziplock bag or vacuum seal desired quantities.
- To cook from frozen state, thaw before cooking and follow directions above.