Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was craving chicken and bacon and I wanted something grilled and I came up with these easy to make kabobs. They are so good. Enjoy!!!
- 12 -16 button mushrooms (or whatever muchroom you prefer)
- 1 large green pepper, diced into large squares
- 12 -16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into unseparted chunks
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 New York strip steaks, if you want to mix and match
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cut in half width wise
- 6 -8 wooden skewers
- seasoning, your preference
- You want to start out by soaking you wooden skewers in water for at least 25 minutes so they do not burn.
- Chop up all your veggies into the desired size.
- chop your chicken into chunks.
- You dont want them too big otherwise your bacon and veggies might burn waiting for it to cook.
- Cut your bacon in half.
- Start poking a piece of veggie onto the skewer.
- When you want to put a piece of chicken on, grab one pice of the bacon that was cut in half and wrap it around the chunk of chicken so the ends are at the same area.
- Poke the skewer where the ends of the bacon meets.
- Just start alternating all the veggies and chicken, and if you are using it steak, alternate the steak and chicken.
- Put them on the grill on a low setting so as to not burn the bacon, and season with spices you prefer.
- Cook until the juices run clear in the chicken.
- Eat and enjoy!
This was awesome!
We made these kabobs with just the meat, since I had a side dish already made. Turned out really well, and the chicken was perfectly flavored and juicy!
Made these over the weekend for a BBQ we were having, they were gobbled up. The few that were let we had cold for lunch with salad. I didn't add the tomatoes & they were still delicious, very easy to make.