Recipe by lazyme
I found this in The Barbecue Cookbook and hope to make them as an appetizer as soon as the weather warms up a bit.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For Plum Sauce
- 4 ounces plum jam
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon mild chili sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a fire in a grill.
- Rub drumsticks with salt, pepper and garlic, if using.
- Wrap a strip of bacon firmly around each drumstick, securing ends with toothpicks.
- Brush with vegetable oil and grill, turning frequently and brushing with additional oil, for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To test for doneness, pierce meat in the thickest part with a thin skewer.
- The juices that run out should be clear.
- Heat jam for sauce with apple cider vinegar and chili sauce in a small pan or microwave oven and beat together.
- Arrange hot drumsticks on a platter around a dish of the sauce for dipping.