I found this in The Barbecue Cookbook and hope to make them as an appetizer as soon as the weather warms up a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For Plum Sauce
- 1Prepare a fire in a grill.
- 2Rub drumsticks with salt, pepper and garlic, if using.
- 3Wrap a strip of bacon firmly around each drumstick, securing ends with toothpicks.
- 4Brush with vegetable oil and grill, turning frequently and brushing with additional oil, for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 5To test for doneness, pierce meat in the thickest part with a thin skewer.
- 6The juices that run out should be clear.
- 7Heat jam for sauce with apple cider vinegar and chili sauce in a small pan or microwave oven and beat together.
- 8Arrange hot drumsticks on a platter around a dish of the sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks With Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.6
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 910.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 97.4 g
- Protein 34.2 g