Really moist and flavorful chicken cordon bleu with bacon.....because everything's better with bacon! This was a first-time experimental trial run and it turned out fantastic!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken bullion cubes, crushed up, the bread crumbs, (or I used 6 pieces of toast, crushed into crumbs) cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half long ways leaving one side intact. Insert one slice of the sliced pre-cooked ham and one slice of Swiss cheese into center of each chicken breast.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl and coat each chicken breast. Then coat each one in the bread crumb mixture. Wrap two pieces of bacon around each chicken breast, not overlapping.
- Wrap each piece of chicken individually in a piece of aluminum foil loosely so that it can be opened on the top. Place all three in a 13 x 9 inches baking dish. Cook for 1 hour, 15 minutes. It may take less time (again, this was the first time doing this). At that point, turn oven to broil at 400 degrees. Open the tops of each of the chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes to finish cooking the bacon.