Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
This is from the Deen Bros. cookbook, Y'ALL COME EAT. This is delicious. I served it to co-workers and they thought it different and wonderful. The bacon gives the chicken a smokey flavor.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Awesome chicken recipe! It was super easy and delicious to boot. The cheese sauce came together really quickly -- the cheese soup made it so creamy -- much creamier than most cheese sauces. Thanks so much for posting. This is a keeper :)
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (making 8 long pieces)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle peppers (or to taste) or 1 teaspoon bottled hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place on the baking sheet. Bake about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven. Preheat the broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the soup, milk, chipotle pepper, Worcestershire to a simmer over medium heat. Turn of heat; keep sauce warm.
- Broil the chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bacon is really sizzling. Serve chicken topped with the cheese sauce.