Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Deen Bros. cookbook, Y'ALL COME EAT. This is delicious. I served it to co-workers and they thought it different and wonderful. The bacon gives the chicken a smokey flavor.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (making 8 long pieces)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle peppers (or to taste) or 1 teaspoon bottled hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place on the baking sheet. Bake about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven. Preheat the broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the soup, milk, chipotle pepper, Worcestershire to a simmer over medium heat. Turn of heat; keep sauce warm.
- Broil the chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bacon is really sizzling. Serve chicken topped with the cheese sauce.
Awesome chicken recipe! It was super easy and delicious to boot. The cheese sauce came together really quickly -- the cheese soup made it so creamy -- much creamier than most cheese sauces. Thanks so much for posting. This is a keeper :)