Recipe by Tish
A fusion recipe of some of our favorite recipes!
Top Review by French Canadian Chef
A SUCCESS!!! Since there was just hubby and I, we froze the other 2 for another dinner. I don't know yet how well the asparagus will do freezing, but if it works, next time, I'll probably double the recipe to freeze. Also rubbed the chicken on both sides. Used a homemade pesto as we had plenty of fresh basil from the garden. GREAT recipe, will definately make again.
- 4 piece boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 asparagus spears
- 118.29 ml pesto sauce
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slice bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Pound out of the chicken to approximately 1/2" thickness.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Cut asparagus to approx size of chicken roll (so that the asparagus will not peep out too much from the end).
- Place olive oil and Italian seasoning in a shallow pan or ziplock bag and toss asparagus until coated well.
- Place 3 asparagus spears and top with parmesan cheese.
- Roll chicken around asparagus and wrap each roll with a bacon strip (2 if necessary to get good coverage).
- Place, seam side down, in lined pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bacon is crisped.