Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grill up these hearty, moist burgers at your next party on the patio! Pile 'em up with your favorite condiments, pop open a cool drink and enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer to use the pre-shredded cheese, as it won't mess up your grill)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 slices bacon (blanched)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Preheat an outdoor grill and lightly oil grate.
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Wrap bacon around each patty and secure with a toothpick.
- Place burger patties on prepared grill, top with cheese slices at the end of grill time.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions.
These cheeseburgers had the best flavor to them. We will be having these again. They were moist as mentioned in the description, we were very happy and our tummys were full. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
This was a really good recipe to change up a plain old burger. I did however make a few modifications to suit my family and our tastes. We believe that a hamburger isn't a hamburger without garlic and onion, therefore I added onion and garlic powder, about a half tsp of each. We also used 2lbs of meat because we wanted leftovers for lunches. The meat was wonderfully easy to work with and made a real playdough-like texture. I cooked them on my George Foreman grill and was really impressed with the flavor. I also did not wrap them in bacon. I cooked bacon in the microwave and we placed it on top. The next time, and there definately will be a next time, I'm going to up the amount of the extra stuff to match the extra beef so that it will be even more favorful. Thank you for posting this yummy recipe.