Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's an omelet muffin wrapped in bacon!
Make and share this Bacon-Wrapped Cheddar Egg Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -9 eggs
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup cheese (I prefer cheddar, but you choose)
- 1 cup meat (if you want more of a filling)
- 1 cup vegetables (if you want more of a filling)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray muffin tin.
- Line each spot with a bacon around the edges.
- Whip all eggs.
- Mix in cheese and other desired toppings.
- Evenly pour the egg mix into each spot, filling about 1/2 way (6 eggs for a flatter muffin) or 3/4 way (9 eggs for a taller muffin).
- Bake about 25 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- Pop out and enjoy!
Yum! These are delicious and filling. I used cheddar cheese, tomato, and onion for the filling this time, but the combos are endless, and this would be a great way to use up little bits of veggie or meat leftovers. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '12
These were amazing! I only had thick cut bacon, and at 25 min, it didn't looked quite done, so I left it in for another 8 minutes for the bacon to finish up. I was worried the egg would cook through too much, but it turned out quite perfect! I made a half batch for the fiance and I, and we had three each. I used 6 pieces of bacon, 4 eggs, some milk, tomatoes, left over rotisserie chicken and cheddar. My muffin tin was non-stick to begin with, but I sprayed the tin as the recipe stated anyways. These didn't stick AT ALL! They popped out easily when they were done. The thick cut bacon REALLY made these turn out wonderful, and I highly suggest it. :)
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. I used onions and green peppers in the filling. I also added pepper to the eggs. My family enjoyed these. Made for Fall PAC 2012